Why attend a group? How can a group help?
- Relief from isolation – be with people who know what you have gone through and are currently experiencing.
- A place to tell your story… again and again… when others don’t understand why you must repeat the story.
- Freedom to express negative feeling – when others may get upset when you say angry or negative things.
- Freedom to have a smile, even a laugh, with people who share the pain you are experiencing and may welcome a chance to occasionally smile too.
- Returning to Group for consecutive sessions lets you recognize growth (or the lack of growth) in yourself and in others.
- You see, reflected in others, the fact that life can and often does get better.
- You can learn and/or share skills, ideas, and coping techniques.
- Your story and your example will help others not to feel so alone.
- Helping others, helps you as well.
- We have events, group projects, speakers, and sometimes food at group meetings. Believe it or not, such meetings can be enjoyable.
We offer two group meetings each month:
First Wednesday of every month
6pm – 8pm
Second Saturday of every month
1pm – 3pm
Both meetings are at our Albuquerque office:
10701 Lomas NE, Suite 118
We offer around-the-state outreach via cooperating organizations.
In addition to our local victims’ assistance we are working to establish a relationship with compatible organizations in other parts of the state to facilitate our mission there. We will provide them with educational material in a variety of formats including printed brochures, CDs and DVDs (some in Spanish) and devices with Internet connectivity, including video conferencing capability, to connect groups and individuals with our local resources.